Country White Bread Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 6-1/2 to 7 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt, eggs, oil and 3 cups of flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 to 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Divide in half and shape into loaves. Place in two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
Reviews for Country White Bread(12)
Sort By :
I loved this recipe. The bread came out perfectly wonderful and very delicious. I will be using this recipe again.
I've made this bread several times now, it is a real winner! Recipe yields a tender, slightly chewy, lofty loaf. Keeps well, too.
This is a very nice simple white bread receipe. It halves well, so I can make make just one loaf at a time. The only drawback is that it's more crumbly than a store bought bread
The BEST white bred recipe I have every tried, and believe me, I have tried many. Sweet, moist, absolutley delicious! One suggestion: when we seperated our dough to make loaves, we actually divided it in four, made large rolls, and used the rolls as bowls for a creamy chicken and mushroom soup! it was amazing! the flavor of the bread is so gratifying! Definately a do-over!!!