- all-purpose flour and remaining rye flour. Knead for 6-8 minutes,
- working in the remaining all-purpose flour. Place dough in a greased
- bowl. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 2 hours.
- LIGHT DOUGH: In a bowl, combine salt, yeast, 1 cup whole wheat flour
- and 1/2 cup all-purpose flour. Set aside. Heat water, honey and
- butter to 120°-130°; add to flour mixture. Beat 2 minutes at
- medium, adding remaining whole wheat flour. Mix well. Stir in 1 cup
- all-purpose flour and oats. Knead, working in remaining flour if
- necessary. Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise until doubled,
- about 1 hour.
- Punch doughs down; let rest 15 minutes. Roll Light dough into a
- 16-in. x 9-in. rectangle. Roll Dark dough into a 16-in. x 8-in.
- rectangle and place on top of Light dough. Roll jell-roll style,
- beginning with long side. Pinch to seal. Place seam side down on
- greased baking sheet. Cover; let rise till doubled, 45-60 minutes.
- Bake 40 minutes at 350°. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 149 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 312 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.