Country-Style Scrambled Eggs
Bacon, green pepper and spuds spruce up ordinary scrambled eggs.Joyce Platfoot, Wapakoneta, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a
- slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Cook and stir
- potatoes in drippings over medium heat for 12 minutes or until
- tender. Add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or
- until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in the reserved bacon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to
- skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with
- cheese and let stand until melted.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 577 calories, 45 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 487 mg cholesterol, 1,230 mg sodium,