Country-Style Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Bacon, green pepper and spuds spruce up ordinary scrambled eggs.—Joyce Platfoot, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Cook and stir potatoes in drippings over medium heat for 12 minutes or until tender. Add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in bacon.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 577 calories, 45 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 487 mg cholesterol, 1,230 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Country-Style Scrambled Eggs
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC