Bacon, green pepper and spuds spruce up ordinary scrambled eggs.—Joyce Platfoot, Wapakoneta, Ohio
- 8 bacon strips, diced
- 2 cups diced red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain. Cook and stir potatoes in drippings over medium heat for 12 minutes or until tender. Add onion and green pepper. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Stir in bacon.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese and let stand until melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Country-Style Scrambled Eggs in Country Woman March/April 1996, p35
Reviews for Country-Style Scrambled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review