Country Style Ribs Recipe
“This was a family favorite back when I was a kid, and I always get compliments on it. I often make the sauce the night before for convenience the next day.” —Bethany Mott, Provo, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 5-1/2 hours YIELD:4 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1. Place ribs and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork equals 434 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 98 mg cholesterol, 686 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC