- 1-1/2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- Place ribs and onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over ribs. Cover and cook on low for 5-1/2 to 6 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Country Style Ribs
"Easy, but not the top of the recipe box."
"the meat was very tender and was very east to make I will make this agien."
"The meat was very tender and delicious. The sauce was way too runny, one reviewer referred to it as "broth" which I think was an apt description. I sprinkled the meat with BBQ seasoning, used tomato sauce instead of juice (juice would just go to waste in our house), increased the brown sugar to 1 C, and added some additional bottled mustard, and some BBQ seasoning to the sauce. For serving, I just put out a bottle of BBQ sauce to go with the meat."
"Very tender but would have liked more flavor in sauce."
"Sauce was good, meat, not so great. I need to start buying my ribs at a butcher shop. Anywhere else, it's always tough in places and gristly in others. I'll try this again, using good meat."