Country-Style Pork Medallions Recipe
- 2 pork tenderloins (1 pound each)
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 small onions, sliced and separated into rings
- 3/4 pound small fresh mushrooms
- 2 small apples, cored and cut into rings
- APPLE CREAM SAUCE:
- 1 cup apple cider or juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 cup apple brandy or additional apple cider
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. Cut pork into 1/2-in. slices; flatten to 1/4-in. thickness. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook pork in batches in 3 tablespoons butter until juices run clear. Remove to a serving platter and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute onions and mushrooms in remaining butter for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add apples; saute for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables and apples are tender. Arrange over pork.
- 3. Add cider and cream cheese to the skillet; cook and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Stir in brandy and basil; heat through. Serve with pork and vegetables. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 304 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Country-Style Pork Medallions
"I love it! My family loves it! I make this on birthdays and other special occasions and every goes back for seconds and even thirds sometimes."
"Easy, delicious and always a crowd pleaser! Yes...I am the person who entered this recipe and won! :-)"