- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- Cut roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil on all sides.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender. Remove pork and keep warm. Let pork stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Strain cooking juices, reserving 2-1/2 cups juices; skim fat from reserved juices. Transfer to a small saucepan. Bring liquid to a boil. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve pork and gravy with mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Country-Style Pork Loin
Sort By :
Lacked Flavor...I read all the comments and really seasoned. I even added fresh garlic and an onion. That wasn't the most disappointing part, the meat was so dry. I only had it on for 5 hours on low. I checked it at 3hr30min and the internal temp was 145 which is perfect. I should of took it out, but everyone said how moist it is so I wanted to be true to the recipe. Such a letdown. The house smelled amazing for hours and I was dying to eat it. I threw most of it away. And that gravy was nothing special.
Based on comments that indicated a need for additional seasoning I added a quartered onion with the meat in the crock pot. It was delicious. I will definitely make this again.
Was absolutely fantastic! Thank you for a wonderful recipe!
Made this recipe according to the directions and it was fantastic. This is definately a keeper!!!