Country-Style Pork Loin with Gravy Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- Hot mashed potatoes, optional
- 1. Cut pork roast in half. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, onion powder and mustard. Add pork, one portion at a time, and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, brown pork in oil over medium-high heat on all sides. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour broth over pork. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until tender. Remove pork and keep warm.
- 3. For gravy, strain cooking juices and skim fat; pour 2-1/2 cups cooking juices into a large saucepan. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Slice pork; serve with gravy and mashed potatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
5 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup gravy (calculated without potatoes) equals 292 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Country-Style Pork Loin with Gravy
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.