Country-Style Grilled Ribs Recipe
A sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, sprinkle with celery seed, coats these tender ribs. Chili powder and hot pepper sauce contribute to the zesty flavor. —Marilyn Beerman, Worthington, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 5 min. Cook: 70 min. + standing YIELD:4 servings
- 4 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Dash pepper
- 1. Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 325° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until meat is tender. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Pour 1 cup sauce over ribs, turn to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Grill ribs, uncovered, over medium heat for 10-12 minutes, basting with 1 cup sauce and turning occasionally. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC