Country-Style Chicken Recipe
These savory golden chicken breasts make a delightful weeknight mainstays that's sure to please every family member. Coated in an onion-soup-and-bread-crumb mixture, the recipe's ready in no time and tastes wonderful over a bed of broccoli-cheddar rice. -Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (4.7 ounces) broccoli cheddar rice and sauce mix
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese and soup mix. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with butter.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Country-Style Chicken
Reviewed Jul. 31, 2013
"Have made this recipe many times. Very easy to make and the flavor is great. Even my picky grandson loves it."
Reviewed Jun. 5, 2010
"real easy and not very messy. Will make again."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC