These savory golden chicken breasts make a delightful weeknight mainstays that's sure to please every family member. Coated in an onion-soup-and-bread-crumb mixture, the recipe's ready in no time and tastes wonderful over a bed of broccoli-cheddar rice. -Clara Coulston, Washington Court House, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 package (4.7 ounces) broccoli cheddar rice and sauce mix
- Flatten chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and
- water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan
- cheese and soup mix. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with
- crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan; drizzle with butter.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package
- directions. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.