This creamy chicken dish, which uses convenient frozen hash browns, pairs tangy mustard with a hint of honey. "Even my little sister, who is a picky eater, comes back for seconds," reports Katie Shea of Brigham City, Utah.
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cubed fully cooked ham or cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3 cups frozen sliced carrots, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in the ham, hash browns and carrots if desired. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Country-Style Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 2000, p51
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Country-Style Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review