Country Skillet Recipe
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen cut broccoli, thawed
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion in oil until onion is tender; drain. Combine the water, soup, basil, thyme and pepper; add to skillet.
- 2. Stir in broccoli and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 cup: 391 calories, 26g fat (9g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 1347mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein
Reviews for Country Skillet
"This is a fast stick to the ribs meal - wonderful way to use kielbasa!"
"Instead of the sausage I used chicken breast. The family really liked it. I will try it with the sausage next time though. It was a very easy dish to make and I love one pan recipes."