Country Sausage Soup Recipe
Savory pork sausage, two kinds of beans and diced tomatoes make this soup one I prepare time and again. It's a hearty fix for when I don't know what to prepare for supper.—Grace Meyer, Galva, Kansas
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 387 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 1,279 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for Country Sausage Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC