Country Sausage Soup Recipe
- 3/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cup: 387 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 1279mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 11g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Country Sausage Soup
"A soup with wonderful flavor! I cut the thyme in half just because I'm not a real fan of thyme. I do think it needs to be there just not as much!"
"I can't believe how good this soup is with so few ingredients! I did add some frozen spinach and canned fire roasted tomatoes with seasonings but kept everything else the same. I will definitely be making this again. Serve with some crusty bread for a delicious meal!"
"I have been making this soup since I first saw it in your magazine in 2011. It is so easy and so good."
"This is an amazingly easy, flavorful soup. I sometimes leave out the rosemary cuz my family isn't crazy for it. You won't even miss it."
"This is one of the best soups I have ever tasted! I get requests every week for it and if I don't eat quick there is none left. I usually serve it with french bread."