Savory pork sausage, two kinds of beans and diced tomatoes make this soup one I prepare time and again. It's a hearty fix for when I don't know what to prepare for supper.—Grace Meyer, Galva, Kansas
Recommended: 30 Soup Recipes to Make This Winter
- 3/4 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Stir in the beans; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Country Sausage Soup in Country Woman November/December 2006, p39
Reviews for Country Sausage Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2016
"A soup with wonderful flavor! I cut the thyme in half just because I'm not a real fan of thyme. I do think it needs to be there just not as much!"