Country Sausage Gravy Recipe
The men in my family love this truly country breakfast dish because of its hearty flavor. I love it because it's so easy to make.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Warm biscuits
- 1. In a heavy skillet, brown and crumble sausage over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain and set aside. In the same skillet, combine soup and milk. Add mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat. Add sausage and sour cream. Simmer until heated through (do not boil). Serve over warm biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings (3-1/2 cups gravy).
Reviews for Country Sausage Gravy
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
"Although this recipe is quick and made from ingredients that you probably already have in your home, it tastes like an expensive treat. I've made it many times for breakfast, lunch, or dinner."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC