The men in my family love this truly country breakfast dish because of its hearty flavor. I love it because it's so easy to make.
- 1 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Warm biscuits
- In a heavy skillet, brown and crumble sausage over medium heat until fully cooked. Drain and set aside. In the same skillet, combine soup and milk. Add mustard, seasoned salt and pepper; bring to a boil. reduce heat. Add sausage and sour cream. Simmer until heated through (do not boil). Serve over warm biscuits. Yield: 4-6 servings (3-1/2 cups gravy).
Originally published as Country Sausage Gravy in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p30
Reviews for Country Sausage Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 8, 2010
"Although this recipe is quick and made from ingredients that you probably already have in your home, it tastes like an expensive treat. I've made it many times for breakfast, lunch, or dinner."