- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 15 sheets phyllo dough, (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the sausage, sweet onion, garlic and 1/4 teaspoon pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and remaining pepper; add to skillet. Cook and stir until almost set. Stir in the cheese, green onions and sausage mixture. Remove from the heat.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with melted butter. Layer with four more phyllo sheets, brushing with butter after each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out.) Repeat, making three stacks.
- Cut each stack in half widthwise and in half crosswise, forming four 7-in. x 4-1/2-in. rectangles. Spoon 1/4 cup egg mixture along a long side of each rectangle; roll up.
- Place seam side down on an ungreased baking sheet. With a sharp knife, make four shallow slashes across each roll; brush with butter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Country Sausage & Egg Rolls in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2012, p27
Reviews for Country Sausage & Egg Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review