Country Rice Salad Recipe
This is a delicious way to prepare rice and is a nice change from potato salad. It goes especially well with barbecue, or with grilled hamburgers at a cookout.
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cups prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 jar (2 ounces) chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green onions (including tops)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk, optional
- Fresh parsley
- Cherry tomatoes
- 1. In a small bowl combine all dressing ingredients; stir in milk if desired. Set aside.
- 2. In a large salad bowl, combine all salad ingredients. Pour dressing over rice mixture; gently toss to coat. Add milk if desired. Chill several hours before serving. Garnish with parsley and cherry tomatoes. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 144 calories, 5g fat (0 saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 280mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 vegetable.
Reviews for Country Rice Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC