- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. Combine the ketchup, plum sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, celery seed, garlic powder, liquid smoke if desired and allspice; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Country Rib Sandwiches
"This rating is really just for my purposes. However, my family did not care for the flavoring. I guess they are just used to the market BBQ sauce flavors."
"I liked these sandwiches, my husband thought they were OK. Very easy to do and good, just not a lot of "extra" flavor. I expected more flavor. Very mild tasting. I also substituted cocktail sauce for the chili sauce and plum duck sauce for the plum sauce (may be the same thing; I don't know) because that is what I had on hand. I would think you could substitute duck sauce for the plum sauce. Or maybe even something like grape jelly."