- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
Reviews for Country Pumpkin Muffins
"Try adding sunflower seeds also"
"Made these for a fall fest at my son's school. I used 1 cup whole wheat flour, and 2 cups all purpose. I also cut the sugar to 1 1/2 cups, and used applesauce instead of oil. The treats needed to be nut free so I omitted the raisins and nuts, but I will make a batch for home and add those back in! These were very moist and tasty muffins!"
"It is just my favorite muffin recipe. I bake in the larger size muffin tin, and end up with a dozen perfect muffins."
"As I do with all of my muffins, I cut the sugar in half, replaced oil with applesauce and used whole wheat flour. They turned out great! I'm glad I made a double batch to freeze!"
"revised this a bit - used 3/4 cup white & 1/3 cup brown sugar, reduced the oil to 1/4 cup & used finely chopped pecans instead of the walnuts..... - everyone I share with asks for the recipe!"