At pumpkin harvest time, these muffins are a favorite at our house. You'll love the spicy taste, plump raisins and crunchy walnuts. They freeze well, too.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
Originally published as Country Pumpkin Muffins in Country Extra September 1991, p47
Reviews for Country Pumpkin Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review