- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs, pumpkin and water. Combine flour, baking powder, soda, spices and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture; blend well. Fold in raisins and walnuts. Spoon into greased muffin tins, filling 3/4 full. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Yield: 2-1/4 dozen.
Reviews for Country Pumpkin Muffins
Sort By :
"It is just my favorite muffin recipe. I bake in the larger size muffin tin, and end up with a dozen perfect muffins."
"As I do with all of my muffins, I cut the sugar in half, replaced oil with applesauce and used whole wheat flour. They turned out great! I'm glad I made a double batch to freeze!"
"revised this a bit - used 3/4 cup white & 1/3 cup brown sugar, reduced the oil to 1/4 cup & used finely chopped pecans instead of the walnuts..... - everyone I share with asks for the recipe!"
"These muffins were absolutely delightful! I made minimuffins and the kids at home and colleagues at work couldn't keep their hands off of them! Many request for recipe and more muffins too! LOL!!"
"These are so good and flavorful. They're wonderful!"