Country Potato Pancakes
"THESE potato pancakes are really versatile. They can be a side dish for just about any meal or the main course for a light meal. Potato pancakes go particularly well with pork. We have them often at our house."
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 large potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Finely grate potatoes. Drain any liquid. Add eggs, onion, flour, salt
- and baking powder. In a frying pan, add oil to the depth of 1/8 in.;
- heat over medium-high (375°).
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls in hot oil. Flatten into
- patties. Fry until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately.
- Yield: about 24 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 77 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 228 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.