Country Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 3 large potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- 1. Finely grate potatoes. Drain any liquid. Add eggs, onion, flour, salt and baking powder. In a frying pan, add oil to the depth of 1/8 in.; heat over medium-high (375°).
- 2. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls in hot oil. Flatten into patties. Fry until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately. Yield: about 24 pancakes.
2 each: 77 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 228mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Country Potato Pancakes
"A good recipe, but here are a couple of hints. I squeeze the shredded potato to get as much starchy water off as possible. Do not use a food processor - it won't get enough of the starch out. When you remove the liquid, note the amount and replace that amount with milk.Separate the eggs and beat the white separately until fluffy. It will make lighter pancakes.I fry in hot Crisco, not in oil. Should be pretty hot so they fry quickly and don't absorb a lot of fat."
"Very tasty, easy to put together."
"VERY Good! I added garlic salt & pepper.Great topped with sour cream!"