Country Potato Pancakes Recipe
"THESE potato pancakes are really versatile. They can be a side dish for just about any meal or the main course for a light meal. Potato pancakes go particularly well with pork. We have them often at our house."
- 3 large potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Finely grate potatoes. Drain any liquid. Add eggs, onion, flour, salt and baking powder. In a frying pan, add oil to the depth of 1/8 in.; heat over medium-high (375°).
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls in hot oil. Flatten into patties. Fry until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately. Yield: about 24 pancakes.
Originally published as Country Potato Pancakes in Reminisce November/December 1991, p33
Reviews for Country Potato Pancakes(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review