- 3 large potatoes (about 2 pounds), peeled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon grated onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil
- Finely grate potatoes. Drain any liquid. Add eggs, onion, flour, salt and baking powder. In a frying pan, add oil to the depth of 1/8 in.; heat over medium-high (375°).
- Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls in hot oil. Flatten into patties. Fry until golden brown, turning once. Serve immediately. Yield: about 24 pancakes.
Originally published as Country Potato Pancakes in Reminisce November/December 1991, p33
Reviews for Country Potato Pancakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2012
Very tasty, easy to put together.
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
VERY Good! I added garlic salt & pepper.Great topped with sour cream!