Country Potato Dressing
My family can't get enough dressing around the holidays. With this recipe, I use up leftover mashed potatoes to create a tasty new dish.
Lauren Buckner, Greenville, South Carolina
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 8 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender.
- Remove from the heat; stir in broth. In a large bowl, combine bread
- cubes, potatoes, egg and seasonings. Stir in onion mixture. Transfer
- to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60
- minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8