- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup turkey or chicken broth
- 8 slices day-old white bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a small skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in broth. In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, potatoes, egg and seasonings. Stir in onion mixture. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 325° for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Country Potato Dressing
Sort By :
"my mom had made this each year but not nutmeg instead she ground cooked gizzards and chicken livers and added this to the mixture along with the potatoes I love this as did every one whom ate it even those whom normally hated stuffing and sage also it taste better the day after reheated"
"This is a great dressing! The family loves it and there is never any left over! I have used this one for years!!!!!"
"There is nothing wrong with the recipe, we just didn't like the texture."