Country Potato Chowder Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups half-and-half cream
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) cream-style corn
- In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp; remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings.
- In the drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Sprinkle with flour and stir until blended. Gradually add cream. stir in the potatoes, soup, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add carrots and beans. Cover and simmer 15 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in corn and reserved bacon; heat through. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Country Potato Chowder
Sort By :
"Everyone in the family loves this soup!"
"I found this recipe to be a few too many steps for my taste, especially when you consider it's a doctored up canned soup recipe. It also thickened up too much and was a gloppy mess the next day, but maybe that was just me adjusting to my new cast iron Dutch oven."
"I made a few changes to the recipe; but my boys both had seconds. Wonderful recipe and easy to make."