Country Pork Ribs Recipe
These hearty ribs feature a lip-smacking sauce that's deliciously tangy with just the right hint of sweetness. "The marinade is absolutely terrific for country-style ribs, but I've found it's great with other meats, too," says Brian Johnson of LaGrange, Georgia.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Grill: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 cup grapefruit or orange juice
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 to 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 to 5 pounds country-style pork ribs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients; mix well. Pour 1-1/2 cups marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the ribs. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from the ribs. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 20 minutes on each side. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the honey, brown sugar and reserved marinade. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 3. Baste ribs with some of the sauce. Grill 15-20 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning and basting occasionally. Serve with the remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC