Country Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork and onion in oil until meat is browned and juices run clear; drain. Top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Combine the soup, water, salt if desired and thyme; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 282 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Country Pork Chop Dinner
"So delicious, a nice meal in one dish. I substituted cream of mushroom soup and added some dried celery flakes."
"very good recipe and fairly easy to do. Will make again!"
"This recipe is VERY Good. Even my picky children like it."
"This is my favorite way to make pork chops - an oldie from TOH. I do simmer it for closer to 45 min. Chops are tender & juicy."
"I like to try new recipies and this one was definetely worth trying."
"Great fast dish for our motorhome travels!"
"Do not like mushrooms, so left out of the receipe. Still turned out very good."
"This is very good comfort food; however, I did have to simmer mine for about an hour."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.