Country Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large skillet, cook pork and onion in oil until meat is browned and juices run clear; drain. Top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Combine the soup, water, salt if desired and thyme; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-fat soup and fresh mushrooms and without salt) equals 282 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 362 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 23 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.