Country Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, cook pork and onion in oil until meat is browned and juices run clear; drain. Top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Combine the soup, water, salt if desired and thyme; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Country Pork Chop Dinner(7)
Sort By :
very good recipe and fairly easy to do. Will make again!
This recipe is VERY Good. Even my picky children like it.
This is my favorite way to make pork chops - an oldie from TOH. I do simmer it for closer to 45 min. Chops are tender & juicy.
I like to try new recipies and this one was definetely worth trying.
Great fast dish for our motorhome travels!
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >