Country Pork Chop Dinner Recipe
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2-inch thick and 7 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a large skillet, cook pork and onion in oil until meat is browned and juices run clear; drain. Top with potatoes, carrots and mushrooms. Combine the soup, water, salt if desired and thyme; pour over vegetables. Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Country Pork Chop Dinner
Sort By :
very good recipe and fairly easy to do. Will make again!
This recipe is VERY Good. Even my picky children like it.
This is my favorite way to make pork chops - an oldie from TOH. I do simmer it for closer to 45 min. Chops are tender & juicy.
I like to try new recipies and this one was definetely worth trying.
Great fast dish for our motorhome travels!