Country Pork 'n' Sauerkraut Recipe
- 2 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (14 ounces) sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook ribs and onion in oil until ribs are browned and onion is tender. Remove from the heat. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over ribs.
- 2. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until ribs are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (8 ounces) equals 477 calories, 24 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 130 mg cholesterol, 757 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer