Country Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 teaspoons milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the poppy seeds, pudding and cake mix. Add the oil, eggs, water and almond extract. Beat on low speed until dry ingredients are moistened. Increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle into a greased fluted 10-in. tube pan.
- 2. Pour batter into pan and bake at 325° for 1 hour or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow cake to cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients and drizzle over cooled cake. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 slice: 284 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 353mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Country Poppy Seed Cake
"I made this cake for one of my daughters friend for her birthday. When she told me what kind of cake she wanted I panicked. I had never made a poppy seed cake. It was such a hit that is the only cake they want anymore."