- 1 cup canned plums, drained
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- Half-and-half cream, optional
- Cut the plum in half; discard pits. Divide equally among four well-greased 6-oz. custard cups. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and nutmeg; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in cornflakes; sprinkle over plums.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until the topping is golden brown. Serve warm with cream if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Country Plum Crumble in Reminisce September/October 1999 , p45
Reviews for Country Plum Crumble
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review