Country Pizza Pie Recipe
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the eggs, cheddar cheese, milk, oregano and pepper. Pour into crust.
- 3. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Spread pizza sauce over sausage mixture; top with cheese. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 516 calories, 34 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 218 mg cholesterol, 920 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Country Pizza Pie
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.