My family enjoyed this dish at a church ham supper, so I asked for the recipe. I've made it for many covered-dish meals since and have received many compliments. It really is delicious.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Country Pineapple Casserole in Country Extra November 1998, p51
Reviews for Country Pineapple Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review