- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 2 cans (20 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 10 slices day-old white bread, cubed
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in pineapple and lemon juice. Fold in bread cubes.
- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Country Pineapple Casserole
Sort By :
"This is a delicious casserole to accompany Easter ham dinner. I made one change, I use pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple. Everyone loves it."
"This replaced my old pineapple stuffing recipe, family loved it."
"So simple to make, yet it's flavor is sooo awesome! We have this every holiday and it is absolutely delicious. Not too sweet and goes splendidly with baked ham, roast turkey, Roast beef, etc. You could stuff a turkey with this or make it as shown as a separate casserole. This recipe took everyone in our family by surprise. If you enjoy stuffing-type dishes, you should love this one."
"I was looking for something different to take to a family reunion and come across this recipe; tried it out first and it was a hit with my in-laws; only had a little left over from the reunion. Only modification I made was cutting the sugar in half, 2 cups seemed way too much, using 1 cup was sweet enough. Delicious, easy to make and will definitely make it again!"