- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1-1/3 cups instant rice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 10-in. pie plate.
- In a bowl, combine the tomato sauce, rice, 1/2 cup cheese, water and salt. Spoon into meat shell. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Country Pie in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p178
Reviews for Country Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review