Country Pepper Omelet Pie Recipe
- 1 cup chopped onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large skillet, saute 1/2 cup onion in oil until tender. Add the potatoes and half of the salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat until potatoes are thawed and softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2. Pat potatoes onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep dish pie plate. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, saute the peppers, parsley and remaining onion in butter until tender. Spoon over potato crust. Top with cheese. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, paprika and remaining salt and pepper. Pour over all.
- 4. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 291 calories, 21 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 175 mg cholesterol, 749 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Country Pepper Omelet Pie
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.