VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add pears; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, milk, eggs, syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth; pour over pears. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until puffy.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining brown sugar. Spread over pancake. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Country Pear Puff Pancake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p29
Reviews forCountry Pear Puff Pancake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 21, 2011
"OMG, this is delicious!"