This sweet, gooey pancake is dressed up with cara melized pears and baked until golden. Cut into serving-size wedges, it's a special change of pace.
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 3 tablespoons butter. Add pears; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup brown sugar and lemon juice.
- In a bowl, whisk the flour, milk, eggs, syrup, vanilla and salt until smooth; pour over pears. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until puffy.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt remaining butter. Stir in the cinnamon, nutmeg and remaining brown sugar. Spread over pancake. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Cut into wedges and serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Country Pear Puff Pancake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p29
Reviews for Country Pear Puff Pancake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review