Country Peach Tart Recipe
Our Test Kitchen staff came up with this peachy change of pace from a traditional baked fruit pie. Great for company, it's sure to impress guests--especially when it's served warm from the oven. For pretty presentation, serve slices with a dollop of reduced-fat whipped topping or a scoop of low-fat frozen yogurt.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:8 servings
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 6 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cake flour, whole wheat flour, 2 tablespoons sugar and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Add oil and toss with a fork. Gradually add water and buttermilk, tossing with a fork until mixture sticks together. Shape dough into a ball; flatten dough. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons sugar and all-purpose flour; add peaches and toss to coat. Spoon over pastry to within 2 in. of edges. Fold edges of pastry over peaches, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded edge with milk; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Slide tart using parchment paper onto a wire rack to cool. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece equals 215 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 210 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC