Country Meat Loaf
This meat loaf has a comforting combination of three meats and is held together uniquely with corn bread stuffing.Jim Hopkins, Whittier, California
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound ground veal
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add soup, pepper and stuffing mix.
- Combine beef, veal and pork; crumble over egg mixture and mix well.
- Press into a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours
- or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 160°. Drain.
- Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 355 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 138 mg cholesterol, 741 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.