I jazz up refrigerated crescent rolls with sour cream and herbs to create these croissants. I keep the herbs on hand, but feel free to substitute dried cranberries, chopped walnuts and grated orange peel for rolls to serve with brunch.—Tina Lust, Nevada, Ohio
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into triangles. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, onion, parsley, sage and celery salt; spread over dough.
- Roll up from the wide end and place pointed side down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends down to form crescent shape. Bake at 375° for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 8 rolls.
Originally published as Country Herb Croissants in Quick Cooking November/December 2003, p7
Reviews for Country Herb Croissants
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 4, 2014
"Very tasty, a great way to make a semi homemade dish your own."