Peach preserves give Pamela Proctor's easy entree a mildly fruity flair. "This has been a hit ever since my neighbor gave me the recipe," says the Barlow, Ohio reader. "We use up the leftover ham in sandwiches, soups and omelets."
8-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours
- 1 fully cooked boneless ham (3 pounds)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place ham in a small foil-lined roasting
- pan; pierce several times with a fork. Combine brown sugar and
- mustard; spread over ham. Spread with peach preserves.
- Cover and bake 1-1/2 hours, basting occasionally. Uncover; bake 30-45
- minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 140°. Yield:
- 8-12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 227 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 801 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer