- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/4 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in
- half. Shape each portion into a round loaf. Sprinkle two greased
- 9-in. round baking pans with remaining cornmeal. Place loaves in
- prepared pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove
- from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, chives, parsley, lemon juice and
- pepper. Serve with bread. Store ham bread and herb butter in the
- refrigerator. Yield: 2 loaves (2/3 cup butter).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 190 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 302 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.