Country Goulash Skillet
I've found that basic recipes like this never go out of style. My homegrown onions, peppers and corn make every bite extra-special.—Lisa Neubert, South Ogden, Utah
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, corn, green pepper, onion and
- Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer
- for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in macaroni
- and heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 277 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 501 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 16 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.