- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (28 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked elbow macaroni
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, soup, corn, green pepper, onion and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in macaroni and heat through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Country Goulash Skillet
"Very tasty. Makes a large quantity for just my husband and me. I hope it freezes well."
"I thought this was fantastic! I also added a 16 oz can of tomato sauce and a few splashes of Tabasco for some heat."
"Was scared at first of the stewed tomatoes as I don't usually care for them but as I made it I relized that It would be to dry if I didn't include them. As it turned out, the dish came out very good and even my 7 yr old cleaned his bowl."