"This is our favorite way to fix venison tenderloin," says Sandra Robinson of Fair Grove, Missouri. "The marinade and coating eliminate the wild flavor in these tender mouthwatering steaks."—Sandra Robinson, Fair Grove, Missouri
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + marinating Cook: 15 min.
- 2 pounds venison tenderloin
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 to 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Cut tenderloin into eight steaks. In a large resealable plastic bag,
- combine the soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, butter and Liquid Smoke
- if desired. Add steaks; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 2
- In a shallow bowl, combine egg and buttermilk. In another bowl,
- combine flour and seasoned salt. Drain steaks, discarding marinade.
- Dip steaks in buttermilk mixture, then roll in flour mixture.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for
- 12-14 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, turning
- occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.