Country-Fried Steak Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup crushed saltines
- 4 beef cubed steaks (4 pounds each)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushrooms soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 1. Place milk and bread crumbs in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat beef with flour mixture, then dip in milk and roll in crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook steaks in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Add soup and milk to skillet; bring to a boil, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan. Serve gravy with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 469 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 1,134 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.