Country Fried Chicken Recipe
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and seasonings. In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken in oil until browned on all sides. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is tender, turning occasionally. Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Country Fried Chicken(14)
Sort By :
You should not rate a recipe you have not tried. You can tell by the ingredients or cooking method whether it will be "healthy" or not. Many recipes do not give nutritional data - if it is a family recipe you will not have the data to list with it. A bad rating for a recipe you have never made because it is too salty, too fatty, or deemed too unhealthy is not why they have the ratings. It is just for taste of final product . If you didn't make it you cannot give a rating. Go to recipes and find the "Healthy Eating" category for the low salt low fat low carb diet recipes these food critics are looking for.
I found this recipe great and tasted like my mother used to make - she died in 1973 and the recipe died with her so I am very happy to find your recipe!
My family loved it first time and it was easy !
This recipe is good as is, but I like to soak the chicken in buttermilk for a couple hours before cooking. I also use seasoned salt in place of the garlic salt.
Well worth the effort, reminds me of summer days at Grandma's house for dinner.
Love, love, love this recipe and so does my five year old :)