Country Fried Chicken
This is one of our favorite recipes to take along on a picnic. We like to eat the chicken cold, along with a salad and watermelon. It's a real treat!
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 40 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 3-1/2 pounds), cut up
- Oil for frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour and seasonings.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and milk. Dip chicken pieces into egg
- mixture, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, heat 1/4 in. of oil; fry chicken in oil until
- browned on all sides. Cover and simmer for 35-40 minutes or until
- juices run clear and chicken is tender, turning occasionally.
- Uncover and cook 5 minutes longer. Drain on paper towels.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.